A quick idea for mealtime!

From the title, you just thought that I am going to give you an interesting recipe for making a fabulous dish. Not actually. Not really.

With a toddler at home, often these 'quick ideas' are to make the toddler who is running around madly to gulp down some food and then continue jumping and somer-saulting. I discovered one such idea today morning instantly. Yes, you know, a mother's brain is really good at thinking up such ideas. Without bragging much about motherhood, let me put out the idea which I am sure will help a lot of mothers during meal-time.

When my daughter wouldn't just stay in one place and I found it really difficult to feed her those little dosas today morning, I thought 'let me engage her in a hide n seek game of things'. Here are the game instructions to make it more readable for you:

1. You have to tell the toddler that you will be calling out names of things that are present in the house
2. He/She has to take one mouthful of food and then go around the house identifying where that particular object you called out is located
3. You have to silently pray that the kid swallows what you fed her. Mostly they will as they busily look for that object
4. I called out things like fridge, washing machine, grinder, television, etc. She had to go and touch the object and come back for the next mouthful. You can also put all their toys in one place and ask them to find the toy that you are calling out.
5. In this whole process, they will also learn about different objects in the house as well as have an entertaining mealtime. Do not forget to appreciate them with happy claps.

With that one, I hope your meal-times become a little bit more peaceful for the next two days. Two days, because, that's the longest lifespan of any idea you come up with to engage a toddler. Good luck mommy! :)

P.S: For some of the mommies out there who oppose this engagement strategy as tricking the child, kindly do not try this at home. This is strictly for mommies who like and want to follow the idea ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 self-written quotes that help me #BeAlive

What can I (and we) do before another Nirbhaya or Swathi?

When does she stop dreaming?