Choose a green gift!

You don't have to go too far in life to learn that joy lies in small things.

The power of a small seed to come out of its shell and grow into bright leaves overflowing with nutrition is nature's miracle indeed. I am happy that I could experience this miracle through the myHarvest gift box.

The myHarvest gift box has been conceptualised by Archana Stalin whom I became friends with recently, thanks to social networking and like mindedness. This dedicated startup woman is pumped with bountiful energy. She is currently on a mission to spread the spirit of nurturing one's own home gardens in order to achieve a sustainable lifestyle.

I recently bought a Paruppu Keerai(greens) myHarvest gift box from her. My daughter and I couldn't wait to open it and get started off. I want my child to nurture a green thumb as she grows up and what better way than doing it with greens that she can include in her diet as well.

The myHarvest box contains a plastic pot,  well nourished soil, seeds of chosen plant, a name label with a stick to label the pot, and comes along with instructions on planting.

My daughter and I had a good time setting up the plant and we were extremely excited to see it sprout within two days. Now after almost a week, we see that the plant is growing rapidly and soon we will be able to harvest the greens and we will probably say with pride that it's myHarvest. :)

I recommend this gift box as a perfect return gift for functions at your home, be it housewarming, weddings, birthday parties..This is the best productive and positive gift idea.

Archana Stalin is also conducting home gardening and pot painting camps for children in Chennai, those interested can contact myHarvest through their facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/myHarvest.in/

Amazing initiative Archana. Congratulations!


I will be writing more on such thoughtful startup initiatives happening in Chennai city especially. Youngsters like Archana fuel more young minds by being an inspiration.


Watch out for my next write-up on a food startup that's creating a revolution by hiring transgenders as part of their operations. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 self-written quotes that help me #BeAlive

What can I (and we) do before another Nirbhaya or Swathi?

When does she stop dreaming?