You are the core, woman!

Behind every successful man, there is a woman.. and behind every successful woman there is ....

A list of thousand people to say 'thank you' to. We, women, start and end our lives with a vote of thanks all the time. So much so that we are thankful to someone for each moment we live.

As a child who grows up, there are definitely a thousand people to be thankful to..But once we reach womanhood, we still carry that vote of thanks with us.

I was able to get married to a good guy, thanks to my parents who found him. You don't say it was because you were smart on your own to choose a guy like him. You don't acknowledge your own efforts of finding out about the guy and his background or understanding him after lots of conversations. I am thankful to my husband who runs the family financially and that is why I am able to stay at home and take care of the kids. You don't recognize the passion you have for being a stay at home mother , the patience you have in engaging the kids and devoting all your time for the family. I am thankful to my support system who take care of my kid because that's why I am able to go to work. You don't celebrate that you love a career and have the skills and that's why you chose work. I am thankful to a wonderful boss because of whom I have got a great promotion at work. You don't appreciate your own talent and hard work that has fetched you this recognition, openly.

I am thankful to my husband for taking care of my kid while I went for an office get together. You don't celebrate the fact that you have trained your kid to be without you for a few hours. You don't celebrate the fact that even you can be without the child around, without worries. You don't celebrate that strength you have developed. I am thankful to my child's teachers because of which she has been able to do well in academics or sports. You don't acknowledge the efforts you had put in to mould your child.

I am thankful to my friends who stood by me when I was going through a low phase. You don't take that extra step to pat yourself on your back to have been able to cross the tide through your own positivity that went into the process as well.

I am thankful to my children because I am able to live a peaceful life even at an old age. You don't highlight your knowledge and wisdom that you put into bringing them up in the society. You tell yourself that it is not a great achievement compared to what others have done for you. You keep yourself at the lower end of the ladder all the time.

And the list of vote of thanks goes on..Till the end of your life.

Well, my dear woman, I am not asking you to be ungrateful to anyone. Gratitude is very much the core of all things in life. Be grateful to everyone who is with you. But please don't forget to appreciate your own contribution to your success or ambition. Don't ignore your own traits that have pushed you higher. Don't underplay your hard work anywhere. Don't hesitate to show some self love to yourself for being a winner.

Be selfish too.

Celebrate your victories openly. Declare yourself successful. It doesn't mean you are a show-off. Or let it be, who even set a rule that a woman should not show off her successes?

So my dear woman, celebrate yourself. Give yourself the recognition you deserve and see your self esteem soar higher without the need for anyone else to appreciate you.

-Growing stronger,
Haripriya

Comments

  1. Well said!! 👏👏👏 That was a v.motivational and exuberant piece of article!! Highly appreciated 👍👍 so, lemme not thank u for sharing the post and instead, thank myself for being curiously interested in going through this wonderful piece of article you shared!😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent points Haripriya! A reminder to all the beautiful, intelligent, passionate, lovely, responsible, independent and bold women out there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13 self-written quotes that help me #BeAlive

What can I (and we) do before another Nirbhaya or Swathi?

When does she stop dreaming?